Project Assistant (m/f/d)
Application Deadline: 31 August 2022
The Secretariat of Population Europe, the network of 36 leading research institutions from all over Europe with a focus on the dialogue between science, politics and society (https://population-europe.eu/), in Berlin, hosted by the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (https://www.demogr.mpg.de/en), is looking for a
Project Assistant (m/f/d), part-time (up to 20 hours per week),
as of the next possible date and limited until 30 June 2024
within the framework of the third-party-funded projects “Vulnerabilities Under the Global Protection Regime“ (https://www.vulner.eu/), “Quantifying Migration Scenarios for Better Policy“ (https://www.quantmig.eu/) and “Policy Dialogue and Public-Private-Partnership“ within the framework of the Baltic Sea States Project (https://population-europe.eu/about-us/current-projects/baltic-sea-states-project).
Students are welcome to apply.
The Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research (MPIDR) is one of the leading international centres for population science. It is part of the Max Planck Society, a world-leading research organisation with more than 80 research institutes in natural sciences, technology, social sciences and humanities.
MPIDR hosts the secretariat of the European network Population Europe, which currently includes 36 internationally leading research institutes from all over Europe in the field of policy-relevant population research. The main focus of Population Europe's work is on communicating research findings to decision-makers in politics, business and society and to the wider public. To this end, the network produces publications and organises events (e.g. in Berlin and Brussels). The secretariat is located in the WissenschaftsForum am Gendarmenmarkt, Markgrafenstraße 37, in Berlin.
The Secretariat of Population Europe, headed by Dr Andreas Edel, is looking for a project assistant to support an international team with the following tasks:
- Copywriting, strategizing and planning of social media accounts (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube);
- the production of online and print publications;
- the organisation of online and in-person events;
- Email marketing initiatives;
- Regular updates of the website content;
- Developing graphic materials along brand identity.
- Ability to work in teams;
- Native- or C2-level knowledge of the English language, written and spoken;
- An interest in deepening and broadening relevant knowledge and skills in social science research, science communication and policy dialogue;
- Good knowledge and practical experience with social media platforms, preferably with Twitter;
- Graphic design skills (experience with InDesign is a plus).
- A stimulating working environment in a socially-relevant subject area at both the European and global level;
- Participation in Population Europe’s experienced communication team;
- Close collaboration with scientists with ground-breaking research agendas;
- Entry into the professional science communication and science management field;
- Remuneration at Pay Scale 2 of the German federal wage agreement for the public service (TVöD Bund), company pension scheme;
- Modern, family-friendly workplace (flexible working hours, teleworking) in central Berlin;
- Occupational health promotion.
We value diversity and are keen to employ individuals from minorities and under-represented groups.
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Your application should include a complete curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, copies of diplomas, other relevant certificates and, if applicable, other proof of performance. Please combine your application documents into one PDF and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject “Project Assistant”) by 31 August 2022.
Please address any questions regarding the application procedure to Dr Andreas Edel (email@example.com) and for more information about the role to Mahalia Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org).